02/11/2022 – 02/12/2022 Night Fighter Fundamentals (2 Day Course)
*Current students: Please log in to your account prior to signup!
*New students: Click "Sign up" below and then proceed to checkout. You will be prompted to create an account. Once your account is created, you will be able to complete your checkout.
The Night Fighter Fundamentals Course is designed to equip students with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of night vision operation. The class will start with the psychology and benefits of fighting at night. The class will then move to industry standards for gear selection and setup. This class will provide the student with the tools to safely & effectively move, shoot, and communicate in low-light/no-light environments. Students will participate in a crawl, walk, run approach while learning to utilize their equipment. By the end of class, students will have progressed all the way through to a variety of movement and live-fire shooting exercises. These courses of fire are aimed at producing a core competency with night vision goggles, lasers, and white light. At the end of this course, students will have a clear understanding of why and how to fight at night.
This is a physical class and students are encouraged to be in good physical condition. Students must have basic tactical weapons handling skills prior to the class.
Students must have attended one of my shooting classes or private shooting sessions so I can ensure their ability to safely handle a weapon and to ensure everyone’s safety. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Available Slots for class:
Class size will be held to a small group of students to ensure safety and maximize the student/instructor personnel interaction. This will also ensure a safe and positive learning environment.
Full NVG (Night Vision Goggles) Rental Equipment will be available upon request for an additional fee. Everything the student needs will be included.
- Psychology of fighting at night with NVG’s
- Helmet setup
- Communication setup
- NVG setup & operation
- Misc. equipment for marking and navigation at night
- Handheld thermal imager or helmet mount considerations
- White light setup and mounting for rifle & pistol
- Optimal weapons setup for fighting at night
- IR (Infrared) laser mounting and zeroing
- Fundamentals of traversing land at night & orientation
- NVG static shooting drills
- NVG movement shooting drills
- NVG multiple target engagements
- NVG barricade shooting drills
- White light shooting drills
- Equipment failure drills
- White light / night vision integration
- Performing reloads in the dark
- Rifle to pistol transition techniques / drills
- Driving under NVG’s considerations
AMMUNITION & GEAR:
- 500 rifle rounds
- 250 pistol rounds
- Serviceable pistol
- Serviceable carbine or rifle
- Weapon light
- Red Dot (preferably night vision compatible)
- NVG height mount
- Infrared Laser (Can be rented for additional fee)
- Weapon-mounted IR illuminator (Recommended)
- Night sights or RDS (Preferred)
- Weapon light
- Night vision goggles (Can be rented for additional fee)
- Helmet NVG (Can be rented for additional fee)
- NVG Helmet Mount (Can be rented for additional fee)
- Hand-held white light
- Ballistic eye protection
- Ear protection
- Maintenance/Cleaning kit for weapons
- Minimum of five (3) serviceable rifle magazines
- Minimum of three (3) serviceable pistol magazines (Must be able to hold two (2) of each of the rifle and pistol magazines on your person)
- Sufficient batteries for all equipment on your person
- IFAK (Individual First-Aid Kit) or BOK on your person
- Clothing suited to strenuous activity while also being seasonally appropriate
- Rain gear/cold weather gear (seasonal)
- Snacks, energy drinks, etc.